1. Few of us________willing to admit that we have prejudice.
2. The people :________homes are near the shopping center are concerned about the project.
B. of which
3. The failure of the Suggestion Scheme is due________the high cost.
4. She wore clothes________
A. that was better than the other girls
B. that was better than that of the other girls
C. that were better than that of the other girls
D. that were better than those of the other girls
5. Will you go to John's party? It is said that there will be________interesing people.
B. very much
6. It seemed to Mrs. Garber that the butter smelled somewhat________
7. He isn't________to have any original ideas.
A. clever enough
B. enoughly clever
C. enough clever
D. clever enoughly
8. It takes several months________them how to use the computer.
A. To teaching
9. The price they offer is not________yours.
A. so competitive than
B. as competitive than
C. so competitive as
D. competitive as
10. Edward is more hard - working than________in his department.
A. any else one
B. any one else
D. anyone else
11.________they come to live in Africa is not known.
12. W ood furniture does not depreciate in value________properly handled and protected.
13. This department requires more personnel, better facilities, and________
A. equipment be up-to-date
B. equipment should be up-to-date
C. up-to-date equipment
D. equipment up-to-date
14. The purpose of the research had a different meaning for them than________
A. ours .
B. it did for us
C. it have for us
15.________ll parts of the state. pines are the most common trees in Georgia.
A. Finding them
B. To find them
16. Last night we had a very hard time________some of the problems.
D. to discuss
17. It is________best sellers.
A. one of them
B. one of their
C. of this
D. of that
18. The newly-constructed highway is said to be________
A. about 500 miles long
B. about long 500 miles
C. about 500 miles' long
D. about 500 miles lengthy
19. Employees working busily________the job did not hear the alarm.
20. An assistant manager is inferior in position________a manager.
Example: Who's taking care the dog while you're away?
taking care→taking care of
21. Their attitude toward the new management approach was the same like before.
22. It surprised me to find that the rich man lived so simple.
23. The New York Times are a good newspaper.
24. Here is the resuls of the experiment.
25. It must have been they whom left the message.
26. Customers are very angry with the delay of the ordered goods.
27. She was not only gracious and also kind.
28. The new equipment making in Germany arrived yesterday.
29. The board of directors will make their first appearance this week.
30. The market informations proved to be essential to the company.
31. we wish/ thal / to remind you / no news from you / we have had / the shipment of the goods/ about
32. that/ they say / you/ the missing goods / about ten days/ will receive / in
33. a hotel/ we / can accommodate / need / which/ 30 people / for six days
34. the meeting/ cannot / how many people / estimate / will come to / we / tomorrow
35. plans to/ build/ a new / the company / factory / 800 extra people / and employ
36. still find/ are sorry / we/ to know / too high / that you / our reduced price
37. my heartfelt apology / you will/ accept / for/ the mistake/ I hope / we made
38. is attached / a/ time table / for / about your flight / all the information
39. very popular / are / for their / our products / and competitive prices / good quality
40. is becoming/ no doubt / that stock trading/ there is / very popular / nowadays
Example: A. What a nice present you gave me. me!
B. You think you are right don't you? right,
41. The accountant, Mr. Price delivered a long presentation.
42. What would you say is the secret of your success.
43. Knowing that you would need the goods now we immediately shipped them to you.
44.“We provide our employees with a two-week vacation every year”，replied the manager.
45. They didn't realize that they had just made a history making decision.
46. Congratulations. You have won the gold medal in the swiming championship.
47. Mr. and Mrs. Smith were not satisfied with their sons school grade.
48. By the way do you have a shutle service to the attractions in the cily?
49. There are three requirements for the job, speaking knowledge of German, five years' working
experience, and a bachelor's degree in business.
50. The easiest quickest and cheapest method of communication is still written communication.
51. You are the assistant manager. You have been inforned that next W ednesday your company'scomputer system will be closed down for al least two hours so that improvements can be made.
Write a memo to all staff in your company:
●saying from what time on W ednesday the system will be closed down,
●reninding the staff to save the documents they are working on ,
●telling them that the system will be much faster and more reliable after the upgrade.
(1).上午举行庆典,中午招待自助餐( buffet lunch)。